Tuesday, July 22, 2014

{ Crockpot Beef Stroganoff }

Ooooohhhhh beef stroganoff.  I think it is right up there in the comfort food list for me.  I don't make it very often, but this quick and easy crockpot recipe may just change that.

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
Source:  All Recipes


1 1/2 pounds top round steak, cut into strips
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 onion, chopped
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (8 ounce) can canned mushrooms
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon dried chives
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cube beef bouillon
1/4 cup white wine
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley



Place the beef in the bottom of a slow cooker, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place onion on top of beef, and then add mushroom soup, mushrooms, and water. Season with chives, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and bouillon.

In a small bowl, mix together the wine with the flour. Pour over the beef.

Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours. Stir in the sour cream and parsley, and continue cooking for 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. I cooked this for supper tonight. My boys can't wait to eat it! I sampled the goods & it taste amazing. I used cubed deer venison instead of beef ( we don't buy much beef these days) . I am boiling some red potatoes (skin on) with lots of fresh pepper and we will eat the stroganoff over the potatoes with fresh Mississippi crowder peas. Thanks for the recipe Sandra.

    ReplyDelete