Friday, March 07, 2014

Bread Machine Cinnamon Raisin Bread

I am not a big fan of breakfast, aside from my coffee I will either have a piece of toast or if I'm really hungry, a sandwich, but that's it.  One thing I do love is Cinnamon Raisin bread, toasted and slathered with butter.

I don't have it very often, mainly because it's so expensive at the store, and I always forget how easy it is to make a loaf at home.

After my husband got me a new bread maker to replace the one that broke last year, I've been using it almost daily to make fresh bread, so last night I decided to try the Cinnamon Raisin Bread.  It turned out amazing and tastes fantastic.

I just had some toasted with the butter slathered on and it was honestly one of the best breakfasts I've had in a while.

The recipe comes from Betty Crocker and is very easy to make....and cheaper too than buying it.

Bread Machine Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Bread Machine Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Source:  Betty Crocker


1 cup water
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3 cups Gold Medal® Better for Bread™ flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
3/4 cup raisins

Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except raisins in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Add raisins at the Raisin/Nut signal or 5 to 10 minutes before last kneading cycle ends. (usually about 30 minutes into the bread making process)

Select Sweet or Basic/White cycle. Use Medium or Light crust color. Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.

Makes 1 loaf (1 1/2 lb), 12 slices

1 comment:

  1. This looks and sounds delicious!

    I don't have raisins at the moment but I do have craisins. :-)

    Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete