Thursday, April 28, 2011

Teriyaki Steak

Are you looking for a quick week day dinner using just a few ingredients?

Teriyaki Steak

Then this one should suffice.  We love Teriyaki and I always have bottles in the pantry especially for days when I want a super quick meal thrown together but don't want to sacrifice good tasting food for it.

I don't really have a recipe for this, it's just a throw together of things, so let me see if I can put it down into words, it's not easy.  I grew up watching my greatgrandmother cook and she didn't have recipes or precise measurements, it came from her head, it came from her heart and she put on the table delicious meals time and time again.


Teriyaki Steak

Teriyaki Steak

1 lb steak (I usually use frying steak or like today, I used some cubed steak I had on hand)
1 small onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced ( you can use green pepper too)
3 garlic cloves, sliced
Teriyaki Sauce (your favorite one.  I used Kikkoman's)

Cut the steaks into bite size chunks and put into a bowl.  Slice the onions, red peppers and garlic and add to the steak.  Pour in the teriyaki sauce, the amount totally depends on how much you want.  If you only want a little bit, then only add a little, if you like it saucy like we do, then add in more.

Teriyaki Steak


Stir together until well combined and let sit for at least an hour or until ready to cook.

Fry on a non stick skillet until meat is cooked through and brown and onion and red pepper are cooked but still retain a little crunch.

Teriyaki Steak

Serve over white rice.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment