Friday, December 17, 2010

Green Chile Cheeseburger Casserole

2010_12170054

Yum.my!

That's all I can say about it.  My kids gobbled it down and thought it was super delicious, hubby said it was really good and I said nothing because I was too busy shoving it down my throat.  So good.

2010_12170056

I recently came across a blog named The Cooking Photographer and I fell in love, mainly because the author lives in Idaho and that's where I want to be, but also because of the great easy delicious food she graces the posts with....like this one.

Give it a try, I bet your family will love it.

2010_12170053

Green Chile Cheeseburger Casserole

Ingredients1 ½ pounds extra lean ground beef
½ an onion, diced
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 (7 ounce) can diced mild green chiles
1 (15 ounce) can Garacias Nacho Cheese Mexican Cheese Sauce, medium or mild (I used medium)
1 heaping cup shredded chipotle cheddar cheese, or cheddar cheese of your choice
About 1 pound frozen shoe string french fries
A sprinkle of salt for fries

Instructions1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Get out a 9x13 inch Pyrex pan and a large skillet.

2. Cook the ground beef, onions, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and fresh ground pepper together over medium high heat until no longer pink, Strain off the fat and place the meat mixture back in the pan.

3. Add the chiles and nacho cheese sauce to the pan and stir into the meat. Cook for about four minutes on medium low until combined and warmed through.

4. Pour the meat mixture into the 9x13 inch pan. Spread out and top with shredded cheddar. Top with frozen fries and sprinkle lightly with salt.

5. Bake for 30 minutes.

2010_12170052

3 comments:

  1. This looks SOOOOO good! I'm not sure how I could healthify this though. :-) Ah, that's okay, life can't ALWAYS be healthy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT'S making me hungry. Yummo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Browsing through your blog has made me sooooo hungry! Hmmm, to go to bed or to eat? Full Bellies, Happy Kids is now one of my favorite cooking blogs. I'm happy that I found you :)

    ReplyDelete