Friday, December 17, 2010

8 Days of Christmas - #1 Peppermint Bark

Can you believe it?  Only 8 days left until Christmas, where has this year gone?

I was going to do the 12 days of Christmas to stick with tradition but I've been so busy around here that I haven't really had a chance to sit down and compose a post.

I've been baking and baking and baking some more, not only for us here at home but for gifts for friends and teachers and so forth.  It's been crazy busy but there's nothing more pleasant than a Christmas Kitchen.

So here we go folks.....the 8 Days of Christmas.   From today until Christmas Day, I will posting a recipe for goodies, who knows maybe it will inspire some of you to get into your kitchens and whip up some delicious gifts for those you love.

First on the list............Peppermint Bark.  Oh yeah, you know I wouldn't let that one go.  This is so so so easy to make and so so so easy to eat too LOL

Use dark, milk or white chocolate, whichever you prefer, I used White chocolate for this batch but my next one is Milk Chocolate.

8 Days of Christmas #1 - Peppermint Bark
 

2010_12170005

Peppermint Bark


1 bag of white chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening (don't have to use it, I actually learned this trick from my friend Jen and it really does make the chocolate melt easier)
10 or more candy canes


Place white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave for 30 seconds...stir.  Microwave for another 30 seconds...stir again.  Repeat until white chocolate is melted.

Crush candy canes, remember to leave some big pieces.   Place the candy cane pieces into a metal strainer and shake them into the melted white chocolate, stir.  

Line a cookie sheet (jelly roll pan) with wax paper.  Pour the white chocolate onto cookie sheet and sprinkle the remaining candy cane pieces on top of the white chocolate.

Place in the refrigerator until firm.  Break into chunks.
Watch hit disappear!  My first batch is GONE!  Now I have to make the second one.  

1 comment:

  1. 5 ounces of evaporated milk will also help the chocolate come out smoother and creamier... in the small cans it is one per (normal sized, 12 ounces i think) bag of chips.

    <3

    ReplyDelete