Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mexican Chicken

These are best grilled but you know, I'm having tooth issues right now and though I love cooking even when sick, I really didn't want to sit outside in the heat, so I popped these in the my cast iron pan and went to town.

And boy am I glad I did, YUMMY!

Next time though, in the grill they go.

2010_05260060

Mexican Chicken
credit: The Crepes of Wrath

3 chicken breasts or legs (the drumstick + thigh attached), fat trimmed
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (I used 1/2 teaspoon and I didn’t think it was too spicy)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of 1 lime
3 cloves garlic, minced


1. Combine all of the ingredients, except the chicken, in a small bowl and whisk together. Place the chicken in a sealable container or bag, then pour the marinade over the chicken. Allow to sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.

Mexican Chicken

2. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and place the chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet (preferably covered in tin foil to prevent the juices from burning to your baking sheet). Bake for 30-40 minutes, until cooked through and the juices of the chicken run clear. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving with some fresh summer veggies.


Mexican Chicken

I threw it into my cast iron casserole and cooked it for about 35 minutes on medium low. Just remember to keep an eye on it and add some water once in a while to keep it from sticking.

1 comment:

  1. That chicken looks really good Sandra! We are having the missionaries for supper tomorrow night, this would probably go down a real treat! xxoo

    ReplyDelete