Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spaghetti a la Philly!

I saw this recipe on the Love my Philly website a while ago and finally tried it tonight, the kids loved it.

The secret ingredient here is cream cheese and yes I know, at first I wasn't sure if mixing it with the spaghetti sauce would be good, but surprisingly it turned out pretty tasty.

So here you go, a super easy, super quick recipe that takes just a few minutes to put on the table and I'm sure the kids will enjoy.

Spaghetti a la Philly

SPAGHETTI A LA PHILLY



3/4 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese



COOK spaghetti as directed on package.

MEANWHILE, brown meat in large skillet; drain. Return meat to skillet. Stir in sauce and cream cheese; cook on low heat 3 to 5 min. or until sauce is well blended and heated through, stirring frequently.

DRAIN spaghetti. Add to sauce; mix lightly. Place on platter; top with Parmesan.


4 comments:

  1. Hmm.... I'm not a big spaghetti fan but the thought of adding cream cheese has me intrigued. I just might have to give this a try. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried this last night, and it was really good! I ate leftovers for lunch today and am excited to have more tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for giving me the courage to try this recipe. I've seen it around but, I just wasn't sure. Now I've made it twice in two weeks. It fed our family of 4 for two nights, what a bargain! The second night, I put the leftovers in a baking dish, put a little extra spaghetti sauce on top and sprinkle with Italian shredded cheese blend and bake it. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete