Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hearty Ham Casserole

Comfort food at it's best, ham, potatoes a creamy sauce and cheese. My kids love it!



2009_07160009

HEARTY HAM CASSEROLE

2. c. cooked cubed potatoes
2 c. cooked cubed ham
1 fifteen ounce can of whole kernel golden corn, drained
1/4 c. fresh parsley (optional)
1/4 c. butter
1 T. chopped onion or green onion or leeks



SAUCE

1/3 c. all purpose flour
1-3/4 c. milk
1/8 t. black pepper
4 oz. shredded cheese, preferably yellow


Boil your potatoes until they are ALMOST done, they still have to cook in the oven for a while longer.

Drain off the water, add in the ham, corn, parsley, butter and green onions. Mix well.

2009_07160003

In a small pot, add the milk and cook over medium heat until it just starts to want to boil, add in the flour and the remaining sauce ingredients and stir until thickened.

Pour the potato mixture into an oven proof dish, pour the milk mixture over, sprinkle some more cheese over and cover with foil.

2009_07160004

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until potatoes are done. Remove foil and bake for a few minutes more until cheese is completely melted and browned.

2009_07160007

9 comments:

  1. eeeeeeeeeeeeeek, i LOVE your new layout!! making my grocery list now, and this ham casserole is on the list.. yes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Definitely have some comfort food going on in this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look!! Can't wait to make this for dinner, looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We tried this tonight. It was a winner with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this for dinner last night and we couldn't get enough. I was bummed when my husband took the leftovers to work today! :-( Thanks for great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, found your blog recently and this recipe caught my eye. I made it for dinner tonight and LOVED it. Thanks!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this for my family last week and they LOVED it. Slurped it right up. This week, I'm making the recipe as a soup. I think i will be as great a soup as it is a casserole. Thanks for sharing! ~~Rhonda
    christmasnotebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made this for dinner tonight for my family and it was delicious we couldn't get enough

    ReplyDelete