Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mini Meatloaves!

There's something so utterly comforting about a meatloaf isn't there? 

But I like to mix things up sometimes, and making mini meatloaves is the perfect way to get the right portions for my kids.....and with this recipe I get in their veggies too. 

2009_02250011

MINI MEATLOAVES
 
 
1 lb ground beef 
2 slices of bread, cubed 
1 egg beaten 
1 small onion, finely chopped 
1 (10 3/4 oz) can vegetable soup, undiluted 
 
 
In a bowl combine all the ingredients. Shape into small loaves and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until the juices run clear. 
 
2009_02250007 
 
Top with ketchup and serve with mashed potatoes or fries or whatever you're in the mood for. 
 
2009_02250010

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you used vegatable soup in your meatloaf...my girls don't care for veggies that much and then I found a recipe that included them. I run them through my food processor and they never realize it. The recipe that I use is for speghetti...thanks, Kae

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I stopped by for a visit...your recipes look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mentioned freezer cooking in the pizza dough post, so I had to comment here.
    I make mini-meatloaves similar to these, then freeze them before cooking. Since I live by myself, but sometimes can have the 19 year old or one of my friends over for dinner, I can take out and cook only what is needed. I place the frozen meatloaf onto a wire rack on a lipped cookie sheet. I bake them for about 45 min in a 350 degree oven (until cooked through)
    Less waste, perfect portions, and easy after a long day at work!
    Love your Blogs!

    ReplyDelete