Monday, March 26, 2007

MAPLE SAUSAGE LASAGNA!

I was making lasagna one night and when I went to get my ground beef, it was bad. I could have made something else but I was really in the mood for it, so I grabbed a pound of Jimmy Dean Maple Sausage and subsituted it for the Ground Beef.

What a wonderful idea it was, it came out sooooo good. Hope you enjoy it. As always if you try one of my recipes, leave a comment, I would love to know how you liked it.



INGREDIENTS

1 lb Jimmy Dean maple sausage
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
1/2 carton sliced fresh mushrooms (as desired)
2 26-oz jars spaghetti sauce
15-oz container ricotta (add milk if desired)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
21/2 cups shredded mozzarella
16-oz box uncooked lasagna noodles
13.5-oz can strained spinach

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Brown meat.
2. Place tomatoes and mushrooms in a pan. Heat until mushrooms are cooked.
3. Add sauce to vegetables and mix together. Combine mixture with meat.
4. Mix cheeses together.
5. Place 2 cups of sauce mixture at bottom of 9-by-13-inch dish.
6. Then place 1 layer of the uncooked noodles.
7. Add 1/3 of the cheese mixture.
8. Add 1/2 of the spinach.
9. Repeat steps 6-8.
10. Top with another layer of noodles and then the remaining sauce.
11. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
12. Take off foil and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven until brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment