Friday, October 06, 2006

Slow-Cooked Sirloin!!!

This is what we're having for dinner tonight, it's already cooking away in the slow cooker and it smells heavenly.

Oh btw, the other day someone asked if I was going to share the recipe for the Smoky Flavored Barbecue Ribs, and since I posted it under my Slow Cooking Thursday post, just click here for it.

As always I will come back and post the pictures after it's ready to eat.

SLOW-COOKED SIRLOIN

1 boneless beef sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds)
1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Dash crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water

In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstic cooking spray, brown beef on both sides. Place onion and green pepper in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with beef. Combine the broth, Worcestershire sauce, dill, thyme, pepper and pper flakes; pour over beef. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are crisp-tender.

Remove beef and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook about 30 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Return beef to the slow cooker; heat through.

Yield: 6 servings
Light & Tasty Magazine Sept. 19, 2005

2 comments:

  1. Sandra-

    I have enjoyed your food blog and use your recipes often. I had written down a recipe for cheesy crockpot tortellini - was it from your blog? I can't find it but thought maybe I was having a blind moment. So, just wondering if it was you. We are an active duty Air Force family as well so I really enjoy reading your blogs. My husband just returned 2 weeks ago from a deployment - the links to other women with deployed husbands on your main blog's side bar were such an encouragment. You do a great job with your blogging - thanks for letting me know about the recipe, I feel kind of silly but it sounds so good that I just have to make it. Hope you have a great day!


    - Andrea
    (dahubbard@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete