Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Fettuccine alla Carbonara!!!


One meal that I make quite often is this one. A few years ago when money was really tight, it was one of those dishes that I could throw together with the ingredients I had on hand.

This recipe that I'm sharing is from the Better Homes and Garden "New Cookbook Special Edition" and slightly different than my version.


6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces

6 ounces dried fettuccine or linguine

1 beaten egg

1 cup half and half, light cream or milk

2 tablespoons butter or margarine

1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese

1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley

Coarsely ground black pepper


Cook bacon until crisp. Drain.


Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
Meanwhile, for sauce, in a saucepan combine egg, half and half, and butter.

Cook and stir over medium heat until egg mixture just coats a metal spoon (about 6 minutes); do not boil. Immediately pour sauce over pasta; stir gently to coat.


Add cooked bacon, Parmesan cheese and parsley; stir gently to combine. Season with with pepper. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, Anything pasta in our house goes with my husband being of Italian descent. I love your blog of recipes...Love the new look too!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this blog and I will definitely keep this recipe around. Money is tight right now around here and I was reading it and thought, hey I could make this and it wouldn't cost anything extra!

    ReplyDelete