Thursday, September 07, 2006

STEAK LO MEIN

I'm on a Round Steak Kick, and believe me, I don't usually eat this much meat in a short period of time, but I got it all on sale and couldn't pass it up, besides, with dishes such as Round Steak Stroganoff and Mushroom Round Steak, I am GLAD I did.

So tonight I'm fixing some Steak Lo Mein, we love chinese food and I can't say that I am good at making it, I've never really gotten into it, but who knows I may after this dish.

STEAK LO MEIN

1 pound round steak, trimmed
1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup diagonally sliced carrots, partially cooked
1 medium onion, sliced into rings
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup diagonally sliced celery
1/3 cup sliced green onions
14 fresh snow pea pods, trimmed,
1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
4 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained (I'm actually using lo mein noodles)

Freeze steak just until firm; slice diagonally across grain into 1/4.in. strips. Combine bouillon, water, soy sauce and cornstarch. Set aside. In a wok or large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add meat and garlic; stir-fry until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.

Remove meat to a platter. Add cabbage, carrots, onion, mushrooms, celery and green onions; stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Add pea pods and water chestnuts; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add meat. Stir bouillon mixture and pour into skillet; cook and stir until thickened.

Gently toss in spaghetti and heat through for 1 minute.

Yield: 6 servings

1 comment:

  1. Sandra, if you want to get all puffed up, I now go to your blog instead of allrecipes.com. It's so easy to find a recipe. I am with daughter who just had baby. Needed to make meals to last them a week, and this morning I went to your site, printed out a few recipes, went to the store and tomorrow is cooking day. It's just the best!

    ReplyDelete