Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Honey Mustard Chicken Fingers

I've been collecting recipes for so long, and I have tons either in cookbooks or family written recipes or just clipped from magazines. One of the recipes that I use quite often and the family loves is the one I'm posting today.

It's extremely easy to make and they're so delicious. Hope you enjoy them.

*******************************

Day 22

CHICKEN FINGERS WITH HONEY MUSTARD


4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup milk
1 cup vegetable oil for frying

HONEY MUSTARD:
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup Dijon Mustard

SERVES 6



Cut chicken into 1/2 x 2-inch strips. For honey mustard sauce, blend honey and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside.


Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk. Roll in flour mixture to coat well. Place chicken on waxed paper.

Pour 1/4 inch of oil into a large heavy skillet. Heat over medium-high heat to 350 F or until a cube of white bread dropped in oil browns evenly in 1 minute.

Divide chicken into batches. Place chicken in an even layer in hot oil. Fry, turning once, for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce.






****************************************

The kids love this, it's just like having take out chicken strips at home, but it's made by mommy :)

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be perfect for my grandson. He's just transitioning from baby food to finger food and I know he'll like these chicken fingers. You did it again. I'm running out of printer ink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids live on chicken tenders & nuggets...lol! I'll have to try it. Thanks for another great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! I put a link to your recipe on Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday. I hope that's okay! Here's my page with the link:
    http://ahappyheartathome.blogspot.com/2009/04/chicken-fingers-with-honey-mustard.html


    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete