Thursday, May 18, 2006

Salisbury Steak w/ Rice

Salisbury Steak

Melissa asked how I make my Salisbury Steak, so I'm posting the recipe for you all. This is one that I learnt how to make a LONG time ago, about 5 or 6 years. Since then I've made it many times, it's one of those dishes that my kids eat without me having to bribe, coax or threaten LOL


Salisbury Steak

Salisbury Steak

1 egg white, lightly beaten
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/4 crushed saltines - I've used Ritz crackers before and they worked really good too
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 pound lean ground beef
1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
1 small can mushrooms
2 tablespoons water
Hot cooked rice or Mashed Potatoes or Noodles

In a bowl, combine the egg white, onion, cracker crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix well. Shape into four oval patties. Fry in a skillet over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.

Salisbury Steak

Remove patties and keep warm. Add gravy, mushrooms and water to skillet; heat for 3-5 minutes. Serve over rice.

I've also made the patties smaller, instead of making 4, I've made 8 smaller ones which work really good too. Hope you enjoy it :)

Salisbury Steak

2 comments: